Which birth control side effects require immediate medical attention?
Last updated on August 31, 2020
Stop taking your birth control and see a doctor immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Sudden back/jaw pain along with nausea, sweating, or trouble breathing
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Achy soreness in your leg
- Trouble breathing
- Severe pain in your belly or stomach
- Sudden and severe headache
- Headaches that are different, worse, or happening more frequently than usual
- Aura (seeing flashing, zigzag lines)
- Yellowing of your skin or eyes
These symptoms could be signs of a serious problem and you should seek medical attention immediately.