A Note From Our CEO, Carrie SiuButt
Dear SimpleHealth family,
As we start 2021, I’ve been reflecting on the journey of 2020. I won’t lie—it was tough to join SimpleHealth as the CEO in the middle of a global pandemic (starting a new job alone is hard enough!), but through all the challenges, I remain excited and energized about the future. Being a mixed-race woman of color who also has a rare disability, I am so proud of the progress women made in the past year—the millions of cracks we have made in that mighty glass ceiling by standing on the shoulders of the heroes before us.
So as we start off a new year, I wanted to share with you some of the many things I learned in 2020 about myself and how to be a leader. Above all, I’m learning that the smallest things can have the biggest impact:
- Self care matters: Exercise, sleep, and take some time to recharge!
- Remain true to your patients and your mission: There is no compromise here.
- Be an empathetic leader: Listen to your employees and acknowledge their feelings.
- Inclusivity is a must: Inclusivity and diversity build long lasting companies.
- Gratitude above all else: 2020 has taught me to be thankful for all that I have.
I will bring these lessons with me into 2021 and hope you find them useful in your own endeavors.
We have so many new things in store for this year, and the team is working hard to get our new products and services launched. We want to be your partner in your reproductive health journey so that you can realize your potential and focus on what truly matters to you. It can often seem like a lonely journey, but we’re here so you don’t have to go at it alone.
Realize your potential,
We make getting birth control easy, affordable and way less of a hassle than it's ever been.