Let’s Talk About Birth Control Pricing
You may have seen the recent news of The Pill Club raising their prices for cash payout customers. What does that really mean? That thousands of women (many of which without insurance) were told their medication prices would now cost 60%-100% more.
Frankly, many, many women simply can’t afford these drastic price increases. It’s no secret that 19 million women in the U.S. don’t have reasonable access to birth control, and 3 million women live in counties without a public clinic offering a full range of contraceptive methods.
For those women in contraceptive deserts, who turn to online services like The Pill Club for convenient and affordable birth control, this drastic price change may mean having to search for affordable medication all over again. Even worse, not having access to affordable options at all.
At Simple Health, we mean it when we say accessibility and affordability are at the core of what we do. Simple Health was founded as an alternative to the typically un-empathetic healthcare system. To offer high-quality care at affordable prices. And to make sure that everyone has a chance to find medication that is best for their body, no matter what their financial status is.
Here are a few ways we take care of our patients:
1. Detailed medical consultations: Our online consultation is longer and more detailed for a reason. We want to learn as much as possible about your medical history and personal preferences so that our doctors can find a birth control brand that best suits your needs.
2. Affordable options: Our birth control options start at $15 a month without insurance and we'll work with you to find an option that is best for both your needs and your wallet. We understand that birth control is a life-changing prescription and that shouldn’t have to skip out on because of the price. Have concerns about cost? Leave a note for the doctor in your consultation and they'll take that into consideration when prescribing. The Pill Club's lowest cost birth control is now $24.99 a month.
3. More Choices: Have a favorite brand that has worked for you in the past and would like to stick to it? New to birth control and don’t know where to start? With over 100 brands, including the ring and the patch (which The Pill Club no longer offers) we’ve got you covered! Finding a birth control brand that’s right for you can be a struggle, but with the variety of options we offer, we're confident you'll be able to find something that fits your personal preferences and budget.
4. Ongoing care for a year: We're committed to helping you navigate your birth control journey, regardless of how long it takes. Once you're subscribed, you'll have unlimited access to our care team and doctors via text or email. This means you can ask questions about side effects or your prescription, or request changes to your prescription for no additional cost.
5. Risk-free: If we can’t issue you a prescription due to certain medical conditions (this rarely happens) or you change your mind, we’ll refund your consultation fee. The Pill Club, on the other hand, won't refund you if they don’t end up prescribing you anything.
The Pill Club price increase will take effect January 1st, 2020. If you're looking for a more affordable option, we'd love to have you join our community. Visit Simple Health for a free consultation and experience an affordable birth control service you can rely on.
Use code JOINUS to try our birth control consultation for free.
The Simple Health team is passionate about all things health. Follow along—we're just getting started.